Linen Yarn, Milk Paint and Great Business Links!July 9, 2016 / byStacey / Categories : Feeds
I got such an overwhelmingly positive response to the Yarn & Craft Newsletter last week… thank you so much, everyone! You’re too sweet!
What I’m up to
- I just recorded an amazing interview with Marie Segares of the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Podcast. I spilled all kinds of details about how I run my business, and it should be out in September. In the meantime, listen to her other episodes!
- I just bought some FolkArt Milk Paint to paint a stool I made in a woodshop class. I’m really liking it! I splurged on the finishing oil but skipped the specialty brushes they’re selling and am using my normal ones.
- I love iced coffee, and I cold brew it myself. I use this recipe from the Pioneer Woman.
- I’m still working on spring cleaning, and getting rid of a little shop inventory to make space for fall. I have a few sheep mugs for sale on Instagram, so grab one if you want it!
- I’ve been working on making some great e-books. One will be based off of this great blog series, the Ultimate Crochet Hook Review.
- Gale Zucker just posted some really great sheep photos.
- Do you read a pinch of yum? They post great recipes, but they also publish a super-interesting income report. Here is May’s.
- MochiMochiLand wrote a great tutorial on how to attach i-cord arms. So cute and fun!
- I love knitting with linen. French Press Knits shares her favorite summer tee.
- All Free Crochet has a roundup of 31 Basic Crochet Stitches… there are some great ones in there!
Let me hear from you!
Crafting slows down a bit in the summer… but don’t forget that it’s a great time to get ahead on your fall & holiday plans! Let me know what you’re working on!
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at FreshStitches
You may like
Pairing a faux shearling jacket with workwear staples like trousers and a sleek turtleneck sweater. Excited about wearing this jacket with a casual travel outfit too, like joggers (these would do!), sneakers (my current favorites here) and a cashmere sweater (this one is 40% off and I love the distressing). Happy Monday! *** Jacket (I sized […]read more
Welcome Back! I really am excited about all of the sewing I have been doing lately. My new job (with typical business hours) has really helped out my own personal timing and scheduling. Now I can have sewing time on the weekends and at night!This fabric I bought online at fabric.com it is super comfy, soo…read more