Full disclosureJanuary 30, 2017 / byBarbara / Categories : Feeds
- Jalie's dropped pocket cardigan is a wonderful pattern. Made two, will make more. Not a cardigan so much as something you can wear over a T shirt to disguise the extra body parts and also sort of pockets with sleeves. Excellent for dog walkers, who carry a few poop purses.
- Louise Cutting's instructions are terrific. Every new sewer should sew at least one for the insights. Bear in mind though that her shapes are over-sized and sort of boxy and choose sizes accordingly. I mean who would have thought I would be an X small. But really great, great instructions.
- To sew in an RV one of those cardboard cutting maps is essential. You can put it on the bed or a picnic table. Hanging toiletry bags with compartments are good too for notions, mine dangles from the hooks for the ladder to the over the bulkhead bunk.
- A husband who cooks and cleans is also handy.
- Dogs have no idea why we are doing any of this or why we just didn't stay in the nice yard back home.
- My serger has given up the ghost on my. 20 years and innumerable services later I can't complain.
- OK I did.
- Already on the phone trying to get one lined up for when I arrive in Florida.
- I love American grocery stores. I haven't exactly come from the Gulag but really there is so much stuff. We walk the aisles and marvel.
- People leave interesting books in campground laundry rooms. Finished the one I picked up in Tennessee and leaving for the next reader here in South Carolina.
- A small black dog in a dark state park at night is a challenge. We had to get one of those light things for her harness.
- No idea if she was peeing or not
- The man next site is a musician from New York
- The lady working the next dryer is from the woods of Maine
- Her kids have sent them south this winter.
- Last winter there was so much snow she had to snowshoe across the lake to get coffee and the kids said enough
- Stayed put one night on a mountain because my husband had a feeling
- Turns out the place we were headed to was evacuated because of a tornado
- Us we stayed alone on the mountain until some lost hikers saw our light
- Husband took them down to the ranger
- Two RVs of families home schooling on the road
- RVs are not that big for a family of 6
- Those are some tough mothers
- Off to bed now so more later
- Pictures should be next
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at sewing on the edge
You may like
Hello, hello! My goodness, has it really been so long since I last updated here? I just wanted to pop in to say “Happy Thanksgiving!!” I wish I could send you all flowers, but these watercolor blooms will have to do. I hope my mother-in-law isn’t reading this because this is a card I painted […]read more
There are a few different sewing subscription services you might have seen here and there. Like you I was curious what you actually received and Hayley of Sew Hayley Jane was convinced to let me in on the action by sending her November box out for a review! Plus keep scrolling for a link to […]read more