Guilt CheeseMarch 30, 2017 / byKyle Murray / Categories : Feeds
Guilt Cheese is the perfect cheesy, gooey, “treat yo’ self” reward lunch. Oh, and it has bacon. Enough said. It’s an easy-to-make and a pull-apart-and-watch-the-cheese-stretch kid-favorite.
Ingredients for Guilt Cheese
- 4 slices of jalapeno cheddar bread (or any high quality white bread from bakery section of the grocery store)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 slices of cheese (I got a variety pack and mixed and match. Get creative!)
- 2 tsp butter (I use unsalted)
- Mayonnaise for spreading
Directions for Guilt Cheese
- Cook bacon (sliced into pieces) on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain grease into container (to be thrown away in garbage once solid)
- Place pan back on stove on medium heat. Once pan is warm, place butter and a sprinkle of salt into pan.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of two slices of bread and place the spread side facing down in the pan. Place cheese on top of uncooked bread. Split bacon pieces between the two sandwiches and place on top of cheese. Add more cheese on top of the bacon. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Cook sandwich for three minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove sandwich from pan and spread mayo on uncooked slice of bread.
- Place uncooked side face down in pan. Cook until golden brown.
-I use a cast iron pan for this recipe. I find it has the best results.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Kids Activities Blog
You may like
The next step on my coat is attaching the interfacing to the coat front and undercollar. My resources on this were a Craftsy class called “Classic Tailoring: The Blazer”, and a book called “Tailoring: the classic guide to sewing the perfect jacke…read more
Hello! What’s happening, lads? It’s all good here with me: the sun is shining, work is done for the day and the dinner is cooking away (I am making minestrone soup) for later. I have a few days of work and then we’re on holiday – it is good! So, that’s…read more
Hello again! This dress is another project that I finished a long time ago and am just now posting because I was soo excited to wear it I never took photos of it. I made this back in April just in time for spring. Now after this dress I will not be making any more…read more
Hey there! I am thrilled we are at a new week! A new week means there is no hurricane headed my way, power is back on at our house (after almost 48 hours of no power), and all of that adds up to having the brainwaves to put towards sharing a top I sewed months […]read more