Guilt CheeseMarch 30, 2017 / byKyle Murray / Categories : Feeds
Guilt Cheese is the perfect cheesy, gooey, “treat yo’ self” reward lunch. Oh, and it has bacon. Enough said. It’s an easy-to-make and a pull-apart-and-watch-the-cheese-stretch kid-favorite.
Ingredients for Guilt Cheese
- 4 slices of jalapeno cheddar bread (or any high quality white bread from bakery section of the grocery store)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 slices of cheese (I got a variety pack and mixed and match. Get creative!)
- 2 tsp butter (I use unsalted)
- Mayonnaise for spreading
Directions for Guilt Cheese
- Cook bacon (sliced into pieces) on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain grease into container (to be thrown away in garbage once solid)
- Place pan back on stove on medium heat. Once pan is warm, place butter and a sprinkle of salt into pan.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of two slices of bread and place the spread side facing down in the pan. Place cheese on top of uncooked bread. Split bacon pieces between the two sandwiches and place on top of cheese. Add more cheese on top of the bacon. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Cook sandwich for three minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove sandwich from pan and spread mayo on uncooked slice of bread.
- Place uncooked side face down in pan. Cook until golden brown.
-I use a cast iron pan for this recipe. I find it has the best results.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Kids Activities Blog
You may like
I’ve been fortunate to appear on some excellent podcasts this fall and just realized over the weekend that I never shared them with you all! Back in October I talked to Elise of Elise Gets Crafty and the Get to Work Book about launching my small craft based business. It’s pretty funny to think back […]read more
Good Morning!It’s that time of year when we all get a little crazy. I am doing my utmost best to keep my days as stress free as possible. A little decorating later today. I have orders for the pickles that I make, so that’s on the to do list, but…I p…read more
Good morning and happy Monday! I’d like you to meet someone special today: my gorgeous cousin Han (silly fact: our names are composed of the same three letters, scrambled!). We grew up together in the Bay Area having sleepovers, playing games, Barbie, you name it! And as we got into our teens, in college and […]read more