Join #VintagePledge 2017!March 20, 2017 / byMarie / Categories : Feeds
If you’re unfamiliar with the pledge, it all started in 2014 when I realised I was hoarding vintage patterns faster than I could sew them. To put things right, I invited you to join me in using vintage patterns more regularly and last year over 200 of you did so, sewing up nearly 400 makes between us! Those figures are double what they were in 2014, so I have high hopes for 2017!
For some serious inspiration check out the dedicated Pinterest boards for 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.
- You can sew as many or as few items as you like. You may want to choose one or two if you're new to vintage and/or sewing, or create a whole vintage-inspired wardrobe
- 1990s patterns are eligible for the pledge as they’re over 20 years old, which scarily makes them vintage by definition
- As well as genuine vintage patterns, you can also use reproduction patterns
- It's not just about dressmaking for you or the special people in your life (kids, partners, etc) - you can also join in if you like to sew accessories, toys, homeware and so on
- Make the pledge your own - there are many ways to do this! You could pledge to use your first ever vintage pattern, sew up the oldest pattern from your stash, explore patterns from a particular decade or set yourself a numerical target
- Knitters are welcome too - the same criteria applies
- Use #VintagePledge when sharing projects across social media
- If you’re on Pinterest, you can add your own makes to the board, but please stick to just one picture per project. To pin your own you need to first follow the dedicated board, then ask me for permission to pin by letting me know your Pinterest name - the name that displays at the top of your Pinterest page when you log in (usually your real name) and not the user name that appears as part of your Pinterest board’s URL
- Alternatively, you can send me a link to a specific blog post (or photos if you don't have a blog) and I’ll pin them for you
- To request permission to pin your own, to ask me to pin for you, or if you have any questions you can leave a comment on my blog, email me on astitchingodyssey[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk, or contact me on Twitter or Instagram - don’t forget to include #VintagePledge
During 2017, I, Marie Koupparis, pledge to sew at least one pattern in my stash from each of the following decades: 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at A Stitching Odyssey
You may like
HI DARLINGS! I am wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday. I am sitting on the couch doing this write-up and catching up on the latest episode of Chicago Fire, lol. I have not been able to watch TV in so long because of the insane schedule we are on and let me tell you I […]read more
This DIY Chocolate lip balm that’s only three ingredients to make will be your new go-to lip balm! After you’ve scrubbed your lips with our DIY Lavender Vanilla Lip Scrub, this is the perfect finishing touch! Ladies let’s be honest, when you read chocolate lip balm you got a little bit excited! It’s the best…read more