Join #VintagePledge 2017!March 20, 2017 / byMarie / Categories : Feeds
If you’re unfamiliar with the pledge, it all started in 2014 when I realised I was hoarding vintage patterns faster than I could sew them. To put things right, I invited you to join me in using vintage patterns more regularly and last year over 200 of you did so, sewing up nearly 400 makes between us! Those figures are double what they were in 2014, so I have high hopes for 2017!
For some serious inspiration check out the dedicated Pinterest boards for 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.
- You can sew as many or as few items as you like. You may want to choose one or two if you're new to vintage and/or sewing, or create a whole vintage-inspired wardrobe
- 1990s patterns are eligible for the pledge as they’re over 20 years old, which scarily makes them vintage by definition
- As well as genuine vintage patterns, you can also use reproduction patterns
- It's not just about dressmaking for you or the special people in your life (kids, partners, etc) - you can also join in if you like to sew accessories, toys, homeware and so on
- Make the pledge your own - there are many ways to do this! You could pledge to use your first ever vintage pattern, sew up the oldest pattern from your stash, explore patterns from a particular decade or set yourself a numerical target
- Knitters are welcome too - the same criteria applies
- Use #VintagePledge when sharing projects across social media
- If you’re on Pinterest, you can add your own makes to the board, but please stick to just one picture per project. To pin your own you need to first follow the dedicated board, then ask me for permission to pin by letting me know your Pinterest name - the name that displays at the top of your Pinterest page when you log in (usually your real name) and not the user name that appears as part of your Pinterest board’s URL
- Alternatively, you can send me a link to a specific blog post (or photos if you don't have a blog) and I’ll pin them for you
- To request permission to pin your own, to ask me to pin for you, or if you have any questions you can leave a comment on my blog, email me on astitchingodyssey[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk, or contact me on Twitter or Instagram - don’t forget to include #VintagePledge
During 2017, I, Marie Koupparis, pledge to sew at least one pattern in my stash from each of the following decades: 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at A Stitching Odyssey
You may like
I’ve been fortunate to appear on some excellent podcasts this fall and just realized over the weekend that I never shared them with you all! Back in October I talked to Elise of Elise Gets Crafty and the Get to Work Book about launching my small craft based business. It’s pretty funny to think back […]read more
Good Morning!It’s that time of year when we all get a little crazy. I am doing my utmost best to keep my days as stress free as possible. A little decorating later today. I have orders for the pickles that I make, so that’s on the to do list, but…I p…read more
Good morning and happy Monday! I’d like you to meet someone special today: my gorgeous cousin Han (silly fact: our names are composed of the same three letters, scrambled!). We grew up together in the Bay Area having sleepovers, playing games, Barbie, you name it! And as we got into our teens, in college and […]read more