SEW SWEETNESS BAG CONTEST 2017March 22, 2017 / bySara Lawson / Categories : Feeds
- Create a bag or accessory using any Sew Sweetness sewing pattern (this can be a pattern from my shop, one of my free patterns, a pattern from one of my books, or a pattern from a magazine)
- Bag or accessory must be made and photographed between March 21, 2017 and April 30, 2017. Any bag made prior to March 21, 2017 may not be entered into the contest.
I’m offering 20% off on all patterns from my shop using coupon code contest. Additionally, all orders totalling over $100 (before shipping) will be sent a FREE 18″ x 54″ piece of glitter vinyl (please leave note at check-out with your color preference for the glitter vinyl, otherwise I will choose a color for you). This code and offer will be good through April 30, 2017.
*discount/offer does not apply to purchases made on Craftsy or Etsy
- (Best Overall) – Janome DC2015 sewing machine from Pink Castle Fabrics MSRP $699
- (Most Creative Use of the Pattern) – $300 gift certificate to Sew Sweetness
- (New Bag Maker – less than 1 year of making bags) – $100 gift certificate to By Annie
- (Best Use of Cork or Glitter Vinyl) – $100 gift certificate to Sew Sweetness
- Random Drawing from all IG entries (use these two hashtags – #sewsweetnesscontest and #sewsweetnesspattern) – Amethyst Bag Supply Kit + $25 gift certificate to Sew Sweetness
- Random Drawing from all entries – Kismet Trinket Boxes Supply Kit
- Random Drawing from all entries – Aeroplane Bag Supply Kit
Explanation of the prize categories (categories will be judged or randomly drawn by Sara Lawson):
-Best Overall – I will look at visual appeal and final pressing/presentation.
-Most Creative Use of the Pattern – Fabric pairing and an element of surprise (or wow factor)
-New Bag Maker – I will be relying on your honesty in this category (please note in your linky tool entry if you have been making bags for less than 1 year with “NBM” and the name of your bag)
-Random Drawing from all IG entries – First, post a photo of your bag in the linky tool below, THEN post another photo of your bag on Instagram; I will be searching all of the #sewsweetnesscontest and #sewsweetnesspattern entries (must use BOTH hashtags on your Instagram posting) and choosing a random winner
-Random Drawing from all entries – randomly drawn from all linky tool entries
I hope you are excited about that Janome sewing machine prize – thank you to Pink Castle Fabrics for this amazing prize! I actually have this same machine (I bought it about 1-1/2 years ago). Since my main machine is straight stitch only, I use the Janome DC2015 for all of my garment sewing (don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic for bags as well!). I love the stitch options as well as the ease for threading and sewing. It’s a fabulous machine and it’s safe to say that my sewing machine arsenal (I also have a serger and a Janome Coverstitch) is ready to work hard any day of the week!
Pink Castle Fabrics is pleased to offer the Janome DC2015 sewing machine at a sale price of $599. Purchase this sewing machine by April 30, 2017 and receive a bonus $60 gift certificate to www.pinkcastlefabrics.com. Looking for a different Janome machine? They have a ton of others in stock also, including this embroidery machine that I’ve been thinking about.
Thank you so much to my wonderful sponsors, Pink Castle Fabrics and By Annie! Please show them some love by subscribing to their newsletters to stay up-to-date on their newest offerings!
- Subscribe to the Sew Sweetness newsletter
- Subscribe to the Pink Castle Fabrics newsletter
- Subscribe to the By Annie newsletter
Please add one photo of your finished bag to the linky tool below. Remember, if you are using Instagram, also add the hashtags #sewsweetnesscontest and #sewsweetnesspattern to your Instagram post!
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Sew Sweetness
You may like
Oops, I’m smiling too hard again! Trying one on over my dress.I planned to blog that I was the presenter for the Haute Couture Club of Chicago September 2017 meeting the day after; instead, I waiting nearly two weeks before attempting to say anything.&…read more