Borax-Free Slime Recipes

April 27, 2017   /   byArena  / Categories :  Feeds

Slime is such a great sensory activity, and these borax-free slime recipes are taste safe for little ones who like to explore with their mouths.

We gathered the best safe slime recipes online — so let’s have some chemical-free fun!

Borax Free Slime

Borax-Free Slime Recipes

Edible Valentines slime is so gooey — change the color to make it work any time of year!

This three-ingredient slime recipe makes fluffy slime without borax! via STEAM Powered Family

Edible slime is perfect for younger children who may put the slime in their mouths. via Growing a Jeweled Rose

Did you know you can make slime using this drug store ingredient?! So cool! via One Little Project

Gummy bear slime is the ultimate edible slime. via Sugar, Spice and Glitter

We love this edible galaxy slime — she even added glitter! via Describe in One Word

Fizzing slime is such a fun sensory activity. via Little Bins for Little Hands

Borax Free Slime

Not quite slime, but this marshmallow play dough is safe and fun to play with! via One Little Project

This fun borax-free slime is like a cross between play dough and slime. via Fun at Home With Kids

Woah! This safe slime is made with just water, salt, and glue. Cool! via eHow

Baking soda is the secret ingredient in this borax-free slime. via Michaels

Here’s another awesome taste-safe slime recipe. via Kids Play Box

Make slime from candy! via Sugar, Spice and Glitter

 

Fun, right? If you are wanting to make more traditional slime, check out our favorite ooey gooey slime recipes.

 

The post Borax-Free Slime Recipes appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.

This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Kids Activities Blog

You may like


Mirambell Skirt from Pauline Alice Patterns

Once in a while I make something and feel like it just needs a little extra zing. Perhaps I chose a fabric that didn’t thrill me, often this happens when it’s something that many would consider a wardrobe basic, in a neutral color. For me that often me…

read more

Second take on V1525: A red Rebecca Vallance pant suit!

EN Summary: I decided to make myself another Rebecca Vallance pant suit for summer (click here for the first version) and this time around I opted for a fabric which I believe is closer to the original model in color and drape. Keep reading the sewing review (or hop over here to see more photos of me wearing this suit).
PT Sumário: Decidi fazer outro conjunto top e calça Rebecca Vallance para o verão (podem ver a primeira versão aqui) e desta vez optei por um tecido mais parecido com o original, tanto na cor como no cair. Continuem a ler o artigo sobre a confeção completo (ou cliquem aqui para verem mais fotos a usar o conjunto).

Read more – Continuar a ler »

Couture et Tricot is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license
read more

Pollyanna

I have been accused, more than a few times in my life, of being overly optimistic. You wouldn’t think that such a thing could be a negative, but it works against me from time to time, as I persist (usually … Continue reading

read more

Starting to sew from August Burda

I didn’t keep to my pledge of sewing something from a (new) Burda magazine each month. There were two skirts I forgot to blog about, but even if I count these, there are no 6 or 7 garments from Burda magazines sewn by me this year . The August issue could change the numbers. It’s a great issue with quite a few patterns I’d like to make. After seeing previews and especially after seeing some pictures shared by a friend with a subscription, I stalked the newsagent for this issue. It started with a little disappointment that the jacket I like so much is in the petite size range. Perhaps I will draft the details in my jacket pattern at some point, but not now. I have a nice event to go to next week and thought it might be nice to sew a new dress for the occasion.

This is the pattern I’m using, number 119:

imageimage

Not a very straightforward dress to sew. After tracing the pattern pieces the first thing I did was trying to “assemble” the paper pieces, based on the instructions and common sewing sense. That is necessary with Burda, their instructions are not always clear. Something is lost in translation probably (I have the Dutch issue, the original is German).

IMG_5352 (002)

There were two things I changed to the pattern:

  • the length of the bodice (common alteration for me) which was less difficult than it may seem from the line drawing
  • the waist piece. That has a seam at the bottom that is showing easily. In the magazine picture the serged seam is peeking out. I moved the seam to the center back of the waist piece. Easy change and I think it looks better the upper ander under side of that piece both have a folded edge.
    IMG_5354 (002)

I think I got how this is intended to be sewn and am ready to cut it.

IMG_5353 (002)

The pattern calls for 1.95 meter of fabric, the length of my fabric is only 1.80 and it works, It’s probably a bit wider than the fabric Burda used.

Hope this dress works well, I’ve been in doubt of posting this already, but it’s a sewing journey and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

read more
Jan 2016 Accuquilt Sale