All Sewn Up: Madalynne 8228 Blush Pink + Yellow Kit

May 13, 2017   /   byMaddie Flanigan  / Categories :  Feeds

I’ve shown you images of the fabric and notions in the Madalynne lingerie kits, but what does (or should) the final product look like? Let me show you!

Here is the Madalynne X Simplicity 8228 all sewn up using the blush pink and yellow kit. I’m the type of person who becomes obsessed with things. Although I love the new lavender and apricot kits, I just can’t get over this color combo and may have whipped up a set for every day of the week. Guilty as charged!

Each kit comes with stretch lace, novelty mesh and a lace trimming and the version you see here is from last month’s release. This month, I’ve changed up the lace, novelty mesh and trimming, but the quality is the same. So is the color.

Don’t forget that if you purchase a kit through this weekend (ends Sunday, May 14), you’ll receive $100 off a Passport 2.0 machine (read my review of the machine here). When you place an order, you’ll receive a coupon code via email, which you can print out and bring to an authorized PFAFF retailer. The coupon will be good through 6/10/2017. Coupon and proof of purchase must be presented in-store, but there is no prior purchase required. Sorry folks, but limit to one coupon per person and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.

One last bit! Did you know there is a video tutorial, which you can watch here , for the panty? You can certainly follow the directions in the pattern to make the undie, but in the video, I show how to add the lace trimming at the top of the waist.

The kits are going fast, but they’re gone! Hop on over to the webshop to purchase now.

lingerie-kit crotch-lining-2

The post All Sewn Up: Madalynne 8228 Blush Pink + Yellow Kit appeared first on Madalynne.

This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Madalynne

You may like


Mirambell Skirt from Pauline Alice Patterns

Once in a while I make something and feel like it just needs a little extra zing. Perhaps I chose a fabric that didn’t thrill me, often this happens when it’s something that many would consider a wardrobe basic, in a neutral color. For me that often me…

read more

Second take on V1525: A red Rebecca Vallance pant suit!

EN Summary: I decided to make myself another Rebecca Vallance pant suit for summer (click here for the first version) and this time around I opted for a fabric which I believe is closer to the original model in color and drape. Keep reading the sewing review (or hop over here to see more photos of me wearing this suit).
PT Sumário: Decidi fazer outro conjunto top e calça Rebecca Vallance para o verão (podem ver a primeira versão aqui) e desta vez optei por um tecido mais parecido com o original, tanto na cor como no cair. Continuem a ler o artigo sobre a confeção completo (ou cliquem aqui para verem mais fotos a usar o conjunto).

Read more – Continuar a ler »

Couture et Tricot is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license
read more

Pollyanna

I have been accused, more than a few times in my life, of being overly optimistic. You wouldn’t think that such a thing could be a negative, but it works against me from time to time, as I persist (usually … Continue reading

read more

Starting to sew from August Burda

I didn’t keep to my pledge of sewing something from a (new) Burda magazine each month. There were two skirts I forgot to blog about, but even if I count these, there are no 6 or 7 garments from Burda magazines sewn by me this year . The August issue could change the numbers. It’s a great issue with quite a few patterns I’d like to make. After seeing previews and especially after seeing some pictures shared by a friend with a subscription, I stalked the newsagent for this issue. It started with a little disappointment that the jacket I like so much is in the petite size range. Perhaps I will draft the details in my jacket pattern at some point, but not now. I have a nice event to go to next week and thought it might be nice to sew a new dress for the occasion.

This is the pattern I’m using, number 119:

imageimage

Not a very straightforward dress to sew. After tracing the pattern pieces the first thing I did was trying to “assemble” the paper pieces, based on the instructions and common sewing sense. That is necessary with Burda, their instructions are not always clear. Something is lost in translation probably (I have the Dutch issue, the original is German).

IMG_5352 (002)

There were two things I changed to the pattern:

  • the length of the bodice (common alteration for me) which was less difficult than it may seem from the line drawing
  • the waist piece. That has a seam at the bottom that is showing easily. In the magazine picture the serged seam is peeking out. I moved the seam to the center back of the waist piece. Easy change and I think it looks better the upper ander under side of that piece both have a folded edge.
    IMG_5354 (002)

I think I got how this is intended to be sewn and am ready to cut it.

IMG_5353 (002)

The pattern calls for 1.95 meter of fabric, the length of my fabric is only 1.80 and it works, It’s probably a bit wider than the fabric Burda used.

Hope this dress works well, I’ve been in doubt of posting this already, but it’s a sewing journey and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

read more
Jan 2016 Accuquilt Sale