McCall 7445 Pants and Vogue 8747 ShirtMay 18, 2017 / byCennetta / Categories : Feeds
Finally, I'm posting photos of me in my new pants made using McCall 7445. I posted way back in March (tee hee) on my fitting and sewing of these pants. Now, that I have tweaked the pattern I'm moving this gem to my TNT basket for easy hands on access.
All of my changes are indicated in the first post. But I'd like to state again that you may need to stitch of the vertical line of the pocket to eliminate any gapping in the tummy area. Also, I re-enforced the pocket opening to reduce any stretching. These pants are made of a stretch woven polyester blend, which I love.
I'm wearing my wearable muslin of Vogue 8747, View D. I love this blouse and will be making it again very soon. It's a winner. This pattern has been review over and over again on blogs as well as on Patternreview. One of best things about it is that there are separate pattern pieces for cups sizes A through D. This made the fit process easier.
My changes were minimal:
- I made a small adjustment in the bust area by increasing the length of the front band by 1/2".
- On the front I added about 1" or so in the gathered area.
- For the side front, I added about 1/2" width in the bust area.
- I made my usual sway back adjustment on the back and side back pieces.
- Lengthen the sleeve by 1".
- The neckline was slightly larger the than the length of the collar stand. So I ease in the difference.
- Also, I interfaced the upper and lower front band, collar, and collar stand.
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at The Mahogany Stylist
You may like
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hebrew National. The opinions and text are all mine. It happens every year. School starts and chaos reigns. I feel like a taxi service, shuttling from this practice to that. First soccer, then baseball. Mom goes here, Dad goes there, and who has time…read more