MPB DAY 2017 — SAVE THE DATE!May 3, 2017 / byPeter Lappin / Categories : Feeds
Readers, it's really happening and it's gonna be yuge!
MPB Day 2017 is scheduled for Saturday, August 12th.
For those of you have never attended MPB Day before, here's what the day entails:
1. We'll meet outside the Fashion Institute of Technology Museum entrance at Seventh Avenue and 27th Street at 11 am. See that sculpture below? That's the place! (Directions here.)
From 11 am to noon we will catch the sure-to-be-exciting Force of Nature exhibit. (Admission to the FIT museum is, happily, free!)
2. After the museum, we'll grab lunch one block north at Panera Bread between 28th & 29th Streets, where we'll also hold NYC's biggest summer pattern swap. We'll stay at Panera till approximately 1 pm for those who wish to skip the museum and meet us there.
3. Following lunch we'll wend our way about ten blocks north to the heart of the Garment District, where we'll shop, shop, and shop. We'll be visiting excellent fabric and notions stores, including Mood, Fabrics for Less, Sil Thread, Pacific Trim, B&J Fabrics, and more. If there's a store you especially want to visit, please let me know.
4. We'll shop the afternoon away. If you want to grab a quick pick-me-up at the cafe in the Japanese bookstore, Kinokuniya (Japanese pattern books + snacks and drinks), on Sixth Avenue near 42nd Street, I highly recommend their green tea and black sesame frappes!
5. Finally, we'll all meet up in Bryant Park, where we'll relax, show off our purchases, and catch each other up on what's new in our lives.
Expect the day to wind up around 5 - 5:30 pm.
Early Bird Special!
As in years past, any morning people who wish to start their MPB Day earlier can join me at the outdoor Chelsea Flea Market at 9:30 am and spend an hour or so hunting for treasures.
We'll meet outside Perpetuum Cafe (a great place to grab a cup of coffee, btw), 124 West 25th St., just west of the southwest corner of Sixth Avenue and 25th Street.
MPB Day is a free event, but you'll want to bring some $$ for food and fabric. A bottle of water and some sunblock are highly recommended!
I'll be reminding everyone when we get closer to the date, but please RSVP by sending an email to me at peterlappinnyc at gmail dot com, so I can keep track of who's coming.
If you know you'll be joining us at the museum, the flea market, or Panera Bread, please let me know that too.
NOTE - MPB Day is a rain-or-shine event. If in doubt, check the blog or email me.
You can read about previous MPB Days here, here, here, here, here, and here.
Hope you can make it!
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at male pattern boldness
You may like
PATTERN DETAILS This pattern is easy for beginners. It is includes 3 motif written descriptions , 3 motif charts, assambley diagrams for each size and diagram how to join motifs. The pattern is suitable for plus size women. Yarn: either 100% Cotton 4 ply Pattons 330m-361yds/100g or Tivoli Cruise 4 ply 100% cotton 339m/100g or […]read more
PATTERN DETAILS Pumpkin spice and everything nice! That’s how we feel about Autumn and all that is glorious about fall. So pour yourself a cup of hot tea, cozy up with your favorite blanket and stitch this fall-tastic pattern right on your mobile device or tablet via our GOGO Cross Stitch app! Download Nowread more
Gift wrap the best present for the people in your life. Download Nowread more