Cast Iron S’MoresJune 1, 2017 / byKyle Murray / Categories : Feeds
Cast Iron S’Mores. For when you don’t have an open fire and the great outdoors but still crave a classic. Ooey-gooey goodness in a pan. This recipe broils the marshmallows to give them that light brown (or dark, if you prefer) “just-out-of-the-fire” look and taste.
Ingredients for Cast Iron S’Mores
- 3-4 cups of chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 12 graham crackers
- 15-25 large marshmellows
NOTE: This is for a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Adjust your measurements so your chocolate layer isn’t too shallow.
Directions for Cast Iron S’Mores
- Turn broil setting on for oven (at least five minutes prior to adding pan)
- Add butter and chocolate to pan and turn heat to lowest possible setting. Stir with wooden spoon until all chips and butter are melted. Too much heat will scorch the chocolate.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Place graham cracker pieces over the chocolate.
- Top graham crackers with single layer of marshmallows.
- Put pan into the oven to broil (should be no more than 30 seconds) and take them out when they are browned to your liking.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Kids Activities Blog
You may like
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hebrew National. The opinions and text are all mine. It happens every year. School starts and chaos reigns. I feel like a taxi service, shuttling from this practice to that. First soccer, then baseball. Mom goes here, Dad goes there, and who has time…read more