Simple Summer Activities for KidsJune 3, 2017 / byBecky Mansfield / Categories : Feeds
Simple Summer Activities for kids will keep everyone busy and having fun this summer!
When we see that we have 2 months of free-time on the calendar before school starts back up, some parents start to panic… but don’t!
You can easily find fun things to do with your kids that require very little planning and are a whole lot of fun. We’ve found that sometimes the most simple games and activities are the ones that are the most fun: think Hide & Seek. Kids love simple ideas. So do we!
Here are some so-simple summer activities for kids:
- Put together a family bucket list. This can be a fun way to add in some fun activities.
- Keep a list of inside activity ideas on hand for rainy days.
- Commit to a regular playdate at the park with friends. Decide that every Tuesday at 9am you will meet a specific park. Having a regular outing on the calendar can be very helpful.
- Do one fun out-of-the-box activity a day- whether it is at home or out of the home. We love doing scavenger hunts! This nature hunt is so much fun!
- Come up with a basic schedule. Even though we love the relaxed summer days, keeping nap time and meal times around the same time can help create a sense of normalcy. The worst way to start a day is without a plan… it causes stress for everyone involved. Even if you want to have a down-day… plan it.
- Have fun with a theme for each day such as Make It Monday, Take a Trip Tuesday, etc.
- Research parks in your town and make a checklist of them so you can visit them all during the summer. You can easily turn this into a lesson for the kids. Have them each research an area (with your help) and create mini reports or projects from each place that you go.
- Join a summer reading program. Most libraries have one and they are a fun way for kids to get excited about reading!
- Get a pass for a fun outing such as pass for the zoo, water park, or pool. This can be a fun addition to your summertime.
- Create regular quiet time for your kids to rest each day while you have a little time to yourself.
- Stock up on basic art supplies for the kids to have fun creating together.
What tips would you add? Find more helpful tips on our Facebook page... where we share our favorite things and you share yours!
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Kids Activities Blog
You may like
I’m noticing a real change in the way Etsy talks about itself, its sellers, and its future. Before the board fired CEO Chad Dickerson in May, replacing him with former board member Josh Silverman under whose auspices another 23% of the staff was let go, Etsy’s message was focused on changing the world, what Chad…
The post Etsy Steers Away from Reinventing Commerce, Instead Encourages Sellers to Compete appeared first on whileshenaps.com.read more
This school year, let your kids showcase their unique style by making DIY backpacks with fabric markers. We’ve partnered with Tulip Fabric Markers to bring you three ways to transform a white backpack into a colorful masterpiece your kids will love. DIY Galaxy Backpack All things galaxy are IN and your kids will love this…read more
Are you thinking about making a DIY essential oil body spray? Maybe you’re looking to ditch the chemicals in brand name body sprays or you’re looking for a less expensive alternative. Essential oils can allow you to create beautiful fragrances that are customized just for you! Here are some tips on using essentials for body…read more