Video: Holiday Ornament QuiltJune 17, 2017 / bySara Lawson / Categories : Feeds
This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
I’m back with another video! This time it’s for a fantastic holiday quilt called ‘Hanging Out with the Homies’. The quilt uses fabrics from Tula Pink’s fabric line, ‘Holiday Homies’. It’s a beautiful red-and-green wonderland of prints and my favorite are the animals wearing holiday sweaters! The quilt pattern was designed by Stacey Day.
This quilt combines both traditional piecing techniques and foundation paper-piecing. If you’ve never done paper-piecing before, this is a great project to get your feet wet because I walk you through step-by-step in the video!
Before you start the video, please download the cutting instructions and templates here:
Total running time: 30 minutes
Don’t forget to post a photo of your finished bag in my private Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/sewsweetnessfans
- Tula Pink ‘Holiday Homies’ fabrics
- Free Spirit Designer Solids
- Stripology Ruler – https://tinyurl.com/y9eorvrr
- Olfa Rotary Cutter – https://tinyurl.com/yb47zc92
- Self-Healing Cutting Mat – https://tinyurl.com/y8cra74r
- Hugs ‘n Kisses Fusible Applique Paper – https://tinyurl.com/y7kutmtm
- Violet Craft Seam Roller – https://tinyurl.com/y9kmmuny
- Kai scissors – https://tinyurl.com/n4fozoj
- 12″ x 6″ Omnigrip quilting ruler – https://tinyurl.com/kz6cel4
- Steady Betty gray pressing mat – https://tinyurl.com/mzgkpz8
- Singer Expert Finish iron – https://tinyurl.com/n7nkfrc
- Juki TL-2010Q sewing machine / Juki 2200 QVP mini sewing machine – https://tinyurl.com/mqoobpr
- Aurifil 40wt Thread
- 90/14 needle
If you enjoyed this video, I hope you will subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified of future videos!
I have a special treat for you! Free Spirit Fabrics has given me a fat quarter bundle of Tula Pink’s ‘Holiday Homies’ fabric line to give away to one lucky reader! To enter the giveaway, please use the widget below. The giveaway is open internationally. Good luck!
This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Sew Sweetness
You may like
It’s always been a dream of mine to have an ocean view out my studio window. Since I live in Texas, this is definitely not what I see out my window and it’s not likely to change any time soon. What would be the next best thing? How about an embroidery class in a store that’s just […] Read more…read more
Quick Overview Designed by Heidi Pridemore of The Whimsical Workshop Summer is here! This quilt will make you think about sunny days and beach vacations, cool drinks and summer nights. The Making Lemonade Throw Quilt is a breeze to cut and piece when you use the GO! Ohio Star-12″ Finished (55174). Fabrics are from the […]read more