Concord Tee Dresses – Round Two

July 2, 2017   /   byCarolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic)  / Categories :  Feeds
These next two dresses are all about florals and pattern hacks and are my latest Concord Tee Dresses...

The Sleeves ~
As shown below the sleeves are the difference between the two dresses. I made a slight change to each sleeve to personalize each dress. There are no other construction changes from the original Concord Tee hacks. 

Adding the circle/flutter to the sleeve was discussed in the Adding a Ruffle to the Concord Tee post.

The split sleeve for the rose dress was detailed in this post.

The Dresses ~
After making two darker print Concord Tee dresses, I knew that the next ones had to be of a lighter hue. I pulled two floral print crepey knits (what Fabric Mart called them but what LAFinch Fabrics is calling Liverpool Knits) from the collection.

I need to stop here and discuss the fact that I love florals. I own a lot of floral fabric.  However, if you've followed along for awhile, you will notice that I didn't sew a lot of florals prior to leaving the corporate job. That's all changing now. Big florals, big & bold prints, loads of polka dots and large border prints are no longer off limits! Now that summer is in full force, I'm sewing more of these. So without further ado, here are the latest versions...

Dress with Split Sleeves & Ties ~

Dress with Flutter Sleeves ~

I'm glad I took the time to make these dresses. They will be perfect for the rest of the summer and into the fall.

Conclusion ~
I have one more that I want to make from an ITY fabric. It will get me to five and I will be done with this pattern. I have so many other things I want to make and new patterns to use.  

However, I REALLY enjoyed lengthening and hacking this pattern. It's a great pattern if you just want a t-shirt that fits a curvy body but it also has wonderful possibilities. You can take it on a creative journey to fulfill whatever flights of fancy you can dream of. It allowed me to do the thing I love most about sewing, slice and dice to come up with a new look, based upon the good bones of the pattern.

So I'm off on new sewing adventures! I hope you've enjoyed the series, been inspired and maybe learned a new technique or two. always more later!

This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at Diary of a Sewing Fanatic

You may like

Simplicity 8105

A quick post about a quick tee I made for Liddy.The Simplicity 8105 I saw this pattern on Lara’s instagram and thought it was perfect for my girls too.I sewed up the largest size (a 14 I think) in a stretchy cott…

read more

#ebonyTee – just two more (for now)

Yes, I know! MORE Ebony Tee’s…haven’t I got anything better to do? Well yes (actually no – so if you have any pattern suggestions please let me know)…but these are different as I’ve added one inch to the length so I can wear them with my tighter pa…

read more

The Buying a House Blouse

Hello, everyone!  It’s been quite a while since I have posted anything.

The main reason for my online disappearance is the fact that I am now a homeowner!  That process has kept me rather busy, and the move, etc., has not left much time for sewing, let alone blogging.  I was actually without internet for a couple of weeks which was rather refreshing.

Of course, I wanted to make a new outfit for the occasion, but there was not a lot of free time prior to closing.  But I was determined!  

I have been wanting to make this blouse for years.  I often pull out scraps of fabric along with the pattern, hoping that I can squeeze out an entire garment, but it never has worked for me.  Until now!

The leftovers from this skirt and this dress were tucked away in a drawer, and while the dye lots do not match, I think I managed to make it work.  The neck tie was made with the leftovers from the skirt, and the rest of the blouse (which is a slightly more pigmented and heavier weight cotton) was cut from the remains of the dress.  There were quite a few people who thought that the look was actually a dress, so I guess the difference is not terribly obvious.

These photos were taken about an hour after signing all of the paperwork (in my old neighborhood).  I was exhausted, but very happy.

I really began looking in earnest over a year ago, so it was a huge relief to finally be done.

It has been quite an adventure, and my new living space is still not “finished,” but Valentino and I are definitely settling in, and I am finally getting back into a routine – one that will definitely include many more sewing adventures!

Blouse:  Made by me, Butterick 4985

Skirt:  Made by me, Butterick 4792
Shoes:  Born “Kharen”

read more

What to Pack For a Day at the Beach With a Toddler

It’s not summer to me until we’ve been to the beach. Being by the water has always been so restful and healing for my soul. The older I get, the more of a beach gal I seem to become. I’m happy to report that Piper shares my love of the water and has loved the […]

The post What to Pack For a Day at the Beach With a Toddler appeared first on Love Lola | A Life & Style Blog.

read more


Leave a reply

Jan 2016 Accuquilt Sale