Sleep in a Bed of Roses

July 12, 2017   /   byAnne W  / Categories :  Feeds
rose 1
Burdastyle Pajamas in floral cotton

Well, pjs of roses anyway – and other flowers!  I’ve been on a pj making spree lately, I’ve got two sets of Carolyn Pjs of my own now (one still to bog), and here’s a pair I’ve made for Daughter No 2 to take back to Uni in September.

collage rose
Details

It wasn’t in the plan to make her another pair just yet, but in moving my fabric from boxes in my bedroom cupboard to shelves in a different cupboard, I rediscovered this pretty fabric – not quite believing there was still so much of it left!  I’ve already made two dresses from it, here and here.  I really don’t know what made me think, “This’ll make perfect pjs”, but I did.  So I sent a snapchat asking permission to make pajamas with the floral fabric and got a thumbs up in reply, but longer sleeves and trousers please.

rose 3

So I dug out the Burda magazine I’d used before, December 2014, and traced the sleeve from the nightshirt/gown version of the pattern, as well as the cropped trousers.  The patterns are 133 for the top, 134 for the gown/nightshirt and 135 for the trousers.  The trousers went together really easily, I left off piping and used contrasting pink topstitching instead.  The trouser hems have a facing which negates the need to mitre hems, that saves time! 🙂  I sewed on a length of green reversible satin ribbon at the front, good tip for identifying which way round they go on.

rose 4

The top is pretty much the same as last time, apart from the sleeves.  The patch pockets have more pink topstitching, and I left out the cuff at the hem of the sleeve.  We were after a 3/4 length.  Pink buttonholes and stripey buttons complete the look.  I did try yellow or green but I didn’t have the right shade and was determined everything should come from the stash!

rose 2

Can you believe, there is still enough of this fabric to make something else!?!?  I might leave it for a bit and make some little girl’s dresses from it.  I have a friend who is moving to New Zealand later this year so I’ll wait until they’re settled and send a box of goodies!

In the meantime, I have a dedicated sewing room!!  Can you believe it?  I love my new space.  It’s not complete yet, but it’s suitable for sewing!  I still need storage on the walls, all the fabric is still in other rooms and cupboards (and the loft!), but the vintage patterns are here and the majority of the Burda magazines I “need” to use this year.  And I have space for two machines out at once without having to shift them over to use them.  It’s bliss…..


This is a syndicated post. Please visit the original author at THE COMPULSIVE SEAMSTRESS

You may like


Sage Shacket

When I was at Walmart I found cotton twill material for $1 a yard that I thought would make perfect muslins.  However, I quickly decided this sage green material would make a nice shacket.Last time I made KwikSew 3251 I thought it fit perfect, exc…

read more

Closet Case Patterns – Ginger Flares

This is my third pair of Gingers.  The first pair are here, but the second pair didn’t make it to the blog due to bad fabric happening to good sewists.  Anyway, the fabric for this pair came from a sale at Sherwood Fabrics. My first pair…

read more

A Letter To My 24-Year-Old Self….

I’ve been reflecting on 10 years of blogging, all that has changed and some things that have surprisingly stayed…

read more

FREEBIE TUTORIAL! EASY DIY DRESS + TOP

HI DARLINGS! Happy Friday. This easy DIY top pattern is in the current issue of SEW SEW DEF MAGAZINE. Aside from the freebie patterns you get in each issue we always have easy DIY projects and this is one of them. I thought I would share it here for you. The instructions for drafting the […]

The post FREEBIE TUTORIAL! EASY DIY DRESS + TOP appeared first on Mimi G Style.

read more

0 comments

Leave a reply

Jan 2016 Accuquilt Sale